Thursday, June 07, 2007

Elephants don't fly



How I wish I had known you when we were innocent kids – building castles in the playpen. Me building them, you trying to destroy them. Of when your troop of G.I.Joes would wage war against my barbies. Of us playing gully cricket and you bowling me out for a duck every single time. Of when you would climb the wall, precariously, to fetch the ball, then fall and come running home with bloody knees, and yet not shed a single tear while I put ice on your wounds.
How I wish I knew you in those early adolescent years when nothing seemed to make sense. How is miss those long conversations we would have had on life, the universe and everything in it. How I wish I knew you in those days when we had sleepovers on the terrace, gazing at the sky till dawn, naming imaginary constellations. And those little fights we would have had when you ran away with my hair band. How I wish you were the shoulder to cry on when I had fought with my parents. But wishes aren’t horses and elephants don’t fly(except if eagles assist them). So all I can say is that I am glad you finally entered my life and showed me what heaven on earth would be like.

9 comments:

Avi Ramu said...

A definite change in the blogging style from say same time last year!! Sumthin diff wat ya say ppl?? Due to comment moderation I leave it here.
Hey u seriously dun mind being bowled fr a duck every time??
Wud you hav named a constellation after me??
Due to constant intterruption from blog owner this comment has to be cut short .

Anonymous said...

hehe........whom is this blog intended for?[:p]

Anonymous said...

;)is this intended for anyone in particular?

Avi Ramu said...

Is dat even a wuestion lavanya??

Unknown said...

@tifossi: well, i did notice the change as well. was going through my entire blog yesterday, and had a good time. and yup, i dont mind being bowled for a duck. though it does hurt the ego a bit. but i can bowl people out for a duck too.. so yeah, all's fair. would have named a constellation after you if it resembled a 92 year old man riding a ferrari. and sorry for the constant interruptions but i was bored. soo...

@ lavanya: this blog is inteneded for all it's readers. duh. and yup, i could say that this was a work of fiction but i am pretty sure nobody would believe me. so i shall not comment further.

@tifossi: can't a girl just write something and not have people wonder over her ulterior motives!!!

Avi Ramu said...

question srry!!!

Anonymous said...

nice... a tad mushier than usual... but still nice... behold.. the enigma who will take mills and boons to the next level... hahaha..

N

Anonymous said...

But imagine.. if that be the case.. how boring life would be... u would know everything about the person.. before he even opens his mouth... he would think of saying something and u would finish his sentences for him... he will start a topic and u know how its gonna end.. .there is no room for mystery or surprise... i for one would find that tiring and flaccid...

and would prefer the third person's point of view when my lover is explaining her past...

i think its the exasperation of having met the person u love too late in time... which makes u want to hold on to him / her forever...

what say u senorita...

N

Shilpa Krishnan said...

@tifossi: typo pardoned.

@N: hahaha indeed. hope to be able to acheive what i dreamt of.

@N: and no,i disagree. i for a fact know some people ever since i was in my diapers and we have spent lots of time together but they still tend to surprise me and the conversation never runs out. so i guess it all depends on the person. and yup, agree with you on the later bit senor.